- Matthew Miller of the Christianbook.com academic blog interviewed Warren Carter about Seven Events That Shaped the New Testament World.
- Our friends at The Jesus Blog highlighted Matthew Levering’s new book The Theology of Augustine – referring to it as “a book about Christendom’s greatest theologian written by the greatest theologian of th[is] generation.”
- Kevin DeYoung recommended Greg Beale’s A New Testament Biblical Theology in his post “A Beginner’s Guide to Reading Over Your Head.”
- The Charismatic Theology of St. Luke, 2nd ed., by Roger Stronstad was reviewed by blogger Cris Donlon in three parts: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.
- The Later New Testament Writings and Scripture by Steve Moyise was reviewed by Amy Peeler for Review of Biblical Literature.
- Christian Century published an excerpt from James K.A. Smith’s Imagining the Kingdom, titled “Alternative Liturgy.”
- Several Baker Academic titles were recommended by Byron Borger of Hearts & Minds books, in a post about his presentation at Jubile – including James K.A. Smith’s Desiring the Kingdom & Imagining the Kingdom, and Eric Jacobsen’s The Space Between.
- David Osborn of Transpositions wrote a review of Hip-Hop Redemption by Ralph Basui Watkins.
- This week’s featured Amazon.com review: Rusty Bullerman’s review of Union with Christ by J. Todd Billings: (5 out of 5 stars) – “This book has been a real find on the issue of Union With Christ […] All in all, this is a deep, readable book about our walk and union with Christ that has enriched my life greatly. I highly recommend it.” (Thanks Rusty!)
BA Books & Authors on the Web: March 1, 2013
March 1, 2013 posted by Bryan Dyer
Filed Under: BA Books & Authors on the Web