“I strongly recommend this book. I agree with Donald Hagner, who, endorsing the book, wrote that ‘it could serve admirably as a basic textbook on biblical theology.’ Yes, and so much more. If every evangelical student from Anchorage to Addis Ababa would pick up and read, it could revolutionize global Christianity.”
Also in Themelios:
- Matthieu Richelle reviewed Ancient Israel’s History, edited by Richard Hess and Bill Arnold
- Benjamin L. Merkle reviewed Reading Koine Greek by Rodney J. Decker
- Sean A. Adams reviewed volumes 2 and 3 of Craig Keener’s Acts: An Exegetical Commentary
- Collin Garbarino reviewed Early Christian Martyr Stories by Bryan M. Litfin
- Stephen N. Williams wrote a critique of Adam, the Fall, and Original Sin, to which Hans Madueme wrote a response.
“Bauckham’s new monograph is probably the most important guide to selected Johannine themes and passages since Leon Morris’s Jesus is the Christ. A rich, up-to-date resource that no serious student will want to miss.”